OUR PRACTICE VISION
Vet Services Hawke’s Bay Limited was first established in Waipukurau with one veterinarian in 1949 as “The Central Hawkes Bay Farmers’ Veterinary Club”. The original premises included a clinic and storage area in Russell Street, but in 1950 moved to purpose built premises on Mt Herbert Road. In 1964 the club was formed into a contract private practice and with continuing expansion the current premises on Takapau Road were built in 1974. Extensive renovations were carried out in 1996 to update the building. An additional building housing a state of the art laboratory with additional office space was completed in 2005.
Today, we are servicing the greater Hawke’s Bay and Tararua regions from our Waipukurau, Hastings, Napier and Dannevirke clinics – our vets and support staff are kept extremely busy! The practice offers a wide range of services for all animal species – dairy, beef, sheep, deer, horse, and all companion animals (including exotics), and is one of only 29 practices in New Zealand that is accredited to New Zealand Veterinary Association Standards.
As one of the largest animal health retailers in Hawke’s Bay and Tararua regions we also offer a full range of animal health products and merchandise for farm animals and pets.
Our services include:
- Four conveniently located clinics – Waipukurau, Hastings, Napier and Dannevirke.
- A complement of professional, caring and friendly staff who will go the extra mile to meet your veterinary needs
- A range of herd and flock health programmes, individually tailored to each specific farm situation
- We provide reproductive services – AI, ET and semen collection – ultrasound pregnancy testing
- On-farm and residential visits
- Mastitis investigation and control. 24 hr, 7 day a week emergency service
- A comprehensive laboratory service enabling rapid, effective on site diagnosis
- Full surgical, x-ray, endoscopy and scanning facilities, including small animal echocardiography and up to date gas anaesthesia and monitoring equipment
- Surgical equipment includes a wide range of orthopaedic instruments
- Full range of Premium pet foods
- A hospital ward with comfortable spacious kennels and underfloor heating
- Purpose-built isolation facility
- Full boarding kennels facilities
- Pet dentistry services
- Puppy preschool classes run by our companion animal veterinarians
- Professional dog grooming service
- Dog worming programs
- Vaccination programs, including annual “on-farm” dog vaccination
- On-site equine clinic, ideal for mare pregnancy scanning, radiography, endoscopy, dentistry
- Equine veterinary dentistry, Powerfloat system
- Cremation service
- Post mortem facility