Services > Pets & Companion Animals
With nine full time veterinarians dedicated to our companion animal practice, this comprises a large and vital part of Vet Services Hawke's Bay. The bulk of our focus is on dogs and cats, but a variety of pets, be they furred, feathered or finned are catered for.
A team of qualified, experienced veterinary nurses manage the day to day running of our clinics, taking care of patients throughout their stay with us.
All clinics are fully equipped to handle most surgical and medical cases, with the option of specialist referral where required. Vet Services has a strong emphasis on continuing education with our vets regularly attending veterinary conferences both in New Zealand and abroad.
In Waipukurau, Napier a professional dog groomer is available by appointment.
The Waipukurau clinic has dog and cat boarding facilities available.
These articles are compiled by our vets and are intended to complement our Veterinary services by giving you access to research articles and animal health information. They are only guides - we strongly recommend you consult your vet for a full diagnosis.
- Kennel Cough: Kennel Cough (also known as canine infectious tracheobronchitis) is a highly contagious respiratory disease. Dogs commonly contract kennel cough at places where large amounts of dogs accumulate, such as...
- Dental Disease : As our pets age dental disease can start to set in. We often start noticing signs from around the age of 5 (which equates to around 35 in human years). Dental disease can affect the internal organs and...
- Let it Flow : A common emergency condition that we see at a vet clinic is the cat with a 'blocked bladder' (urethral obstruction). They often present to us as a cat that is in pain due to an unknown cause. The owner...
- Pet Insurance: Many people know the importance of insuring their items, their house or car, even their own health. Fortunately we are also able to insure pets, for not only medical and surgical care but in some cases...
- Pet rabbits: In recent weeks we have been presented with several cases of rabbit haemorrhagic diseases. This is a viral condition which is unfortunately deadly to pet bunnies.
We are as committed to your dog's breeding success as you are, offering a range of services from AI to semen import and export.
Just as we are expected to behave appropriately, we also need to make sure our puppies understand how to behave in different situations and environments so they are able to grow up into friendly, well-behaved and confident adult dogs.
Vet News: Pets & Companion Animals
September Vet News 2015: View the September 2015 newsletter from Vet Services Hawkes bay.
May Vet News 2014: View the May 2014 newsletter from Vet Services Hawkes bay.
May Vet News 2013: View the May 2013 newsletter from Vet Services Hawkes bay.