Services > Pets & Companion Animals
With nine full time veterinarians dedicated to our companion animal practice, this comprises a large and vital part of Vet Services Hawke's Bay. The bulk of our focus is on dogs and cats, but a variety of pets, be they furred, feathered or finned are catered for.
A team of qualified, experienced veterinary nurses manage the day to day running of our clinics, taking care of patients throughout their stay with us.
All clinics are fully equipped to handle most surgical and medical cases, with the option of specialist referral where required. Vet Services has a strong emphasis on continuing education with our vets regularly attending veterinary conferences both in New Zealand and abroad.
In Waipukurau, Napier a professional dog groomer is available by appointment.
The Waipukurau clinic has dog and cat boarding facilities available.
These articles are compiled by our vets and are intended to complement our Veterinary services by giving you access to research articles and animal health information. They are only guides - we strongly recommend you consult your vet for a full diagnosis.
- Heat stroke in dogs: It’s this time of year that we are concerned about our furry companions overheating. Any dog is at risk of heat stroke but particularly brachycephalic (short-nosed) breeds and dogs with a long or...
- That Christmas Ham - More Harmful Than We Thought: This year has raced with speed, and another Christmas is coming up soon. We all know what that means; ham, roast and all sorts to satisfy the taste buds.
- Be Aware of Algal Blooms this Summer : At this time of year care needs to be taken with dogs around streams, rivers and lakes due to the possibility of algal blooms.
- Tail Docking and other legislation updates:: As of October 2018, the non-therapeutic docking of dogs tails will be prohibited in New Zealand.
- Vaccinations – what you need to know to make the best decisions for your canine companion: Vaccinations are designed to prevent your pet from contracting diseases. We have a few different vaccines available in NZ based on what diseases pose a risk to your dog.
We are as committed to your dog's breeding success as you are, offering a range of services from AI to semen import and export.
Just as we are expected to behave appropriately, we also need to make sure our puppies understand how to behave in different situations and environments so they are able to grow up into friendly, well-behaved and confident adult dogs.
Vet News: Pets & Companion Animals
September Vet News 2015: View the September 2015 newsletter from Vet Services Hawkes bay.
May Vet News 2014: View the May 2014 newsletter from Vet Services Hawkes bay.
May Vet News 2013: View the May 2013 newsletter from Vet Services Hawkes bay.