During the spring and summer months we see a high number of dogs with itchy skin.
In the past, the only way to manage atopy (itchy skin) was through medications such as antihistamines and steroids but Hill’s nutritionists and veterinarians have developed a new Prescription Diet specially formulated to help manage environmental sensitivities in dogs. Derm Defense is the first and only canine diet formulated to reduce signs of environmental allergies by disrupting the internal allergy response and creating a barrier against future episodes.
How It Helps:
- Helps strengthen the skin barrier- repelling allergens.
- Drives healthy skin from within and helps resist secondary infection.
- Formulated to help soothe and nourish skin & coat.
- Helps skin to recover naturally.
- Holistic long-term solution supporting healthy immune system and continuously normalizes the body’s immune response to allergens.
- The first defense against future allergy outbreaks.
- Can help reduce the need to use steroids.
How It Works:
- Histaguard Complex- a proprietary blend of bioactives and phytonutrients- decreases the release of histamines and cytokines that cause dogs to itch
- High levels of omega-3 & 6 fatty acids- decrease inflammation
- Clinically proven antioxidants, including vitamin E
- No corn, chicken by product meal, artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
Derm Defense has been created to help manage non-food related skin conditions. Derm Defense has a palatability guarantee—this means that if your dog does not like it, you can bring it back for a full refund. Please note that when first starting the diet, it can take anywhere from 6-8 weeks before you see results while the body responds to the diet and the skin restores its protective barrier so we recommend starting 6-8 weeks prior to spring starting.