As announced last night we are back in Level 2 for 7 days. This requires us to implement certain procedures in our clinic. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation as we move into this, hopefully short, Level 2 state.
Having been there before, here are some reminders about what Level 2 looks like in our clinics and out on farm….
- Please maintain a social distance of 2m from others customers and 1m from staff when in the clinic. We have put some physical distancing barriers back in place at our counters.
- Please scan the QR code using the NZ COVID Tracer App when entering the clinic, if you are using it. Otherwise we ask that you sign in manually as we did in the past Level 2.
- If you or any member of your family are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are unwell please stay at home.
- There will be hand sanitiser available for use in the clinic.
- Wear a face mask if you feel the need to, bearing in mind that the Government is now recommending that masks be worn (please note that we do not sell face masks).
- It is essential to make an appointment by phone to have your animal examined by a vet
- Please limit the number of people that accompany a pet into the consultation room. That keeps the risk down for all of us.
- Your pet may be taken into another room to be examined. This is to avoid the owner of the animal and our staff getting too close during the consultation and examination.
- Vets carrying out large animal calls will maintain an appropriate social distance from the owners of animals. We expect to be able to carry out all normal vet work, with no restrictions.
- The retail shops in each clinic remain open and social distancing rules apply. We have no anticipated outages and have secured extra stock of key items. We do not sell toilet paper, sorry.
We expect that we will largely continue as near to “normal” as possible. Much of our work was considered essential during earlier lock downs so the key overall message is that we all aim to respect social distancing and maintain a high standard of hygiene.
If we continue to operate in this way, keeping both our staff and customers safe, it will ensure that we are able to maintain a high standard of care to both our animals and our community. Our whole team remain available to cover all your animal health needs and we are only a phone call away.
The entire Team at Vet Services Hawke’s Bay.