Veterinary Care and Animal Health Services at Level 3
The government has announced we will be progressing out of Level 3 at 11.59 pm on Tuesday 31 August. At Alert Level 3 restrictions will be loosened, slightly, but we will need to continue to vigilant to ensure we continue to keep our staff and communities safe.
We will now be able to provide safe services to our clients, which includes most routine veterinary care (if their condition cannot be adequately managed via telemedicine). However, we will continue to have control measures in place at the clinic and on farm, taking all possible precautions to ensure our staff and client safety.
Below are some of the measures we are taking to ensure we follow Ministry of Health guidelines while we work through the Covid-19 situation.
When visiting our clinics at Alert Level 3
- No walk in’s – Our clinic buildings will remain closed to clients and the general public during Alert Level 3 & 4 and all vet consultations and product collections will be by appointment only.
- Clinic hours have been reduced to 8.00am – 5.00pm on weekdays to help keep our bubbles intact. This will continue throughout Level 3
- During weekends the clinics will also be open but as above all vet consultations and product collections will be by appointment only.
- If a veterinary visit is required following a talk with one of our vets, please park in the carpark and stay in your vehicle with your animal to avoid unnecessary contact with others.
- If you have an appointment with the vet or to collect items from the clinic, please ring to let us know when you have arrived (or wave from the door) and a member of staff will come out to you.
- All clients will still need to wear a mask when on site and interacting with staff. QR codes, manual sign-in sheets, hand sanitizer and social distancing signage will be outside the front door.
- We will continue to use contactless payment methods and can accept cash using our disinfection protocol.
- Under Level 3 we need to recognise that things will often take a bit longer as they require different methods of engaging and communicating with clients. There may be more time allocated to consults, cleaning and disinfection.
What bookings can be made at Level three?
Using the Covid Level 3 work protocols above we are now able to do more than just essential work but we have to keep everyone safe which will slow us down. We won’t be able to do everything as efficiently as we normally do.
We can offer consultations after talking with a vet but they will still mostly be contactless such that we will take your animal into the clinic for examination whilst you wait in the car, some surgical services will be available under a similar contactless system.
We can, under special circumstances allow one client in with their pet for a consultation if the vet deems that necessary with masks and obeying the 2 metre social distancing rule.
If you have any veterinary requirements including surgical services, please ring us and we can look at how we can schedule them for you.
Large animal vets should be able to perform most duties as long as the safe social distancing rules can be followed. Your vet will seek advice from management if a job requires close contact or higher risk.
Thank you all for your cooperation and understanding over the last few weeks. Covid-19 protocols are challenging to navigate, but the Vet Services team are working together to ensure we can continue to provide veterinary care and animal health services to our community while keeping us all safe.
Our whole team remain available to cover all your animal health needs and we are only a phone call away. Please get in touch with our management team if you have any queries or concerns.
Keep Smiling, Stay Kind, and Care for those around you!
The Vet Services Team