Services > Pets & Companion Animals
With nine full time veterinarians dedicated to our companion animal practice, this comprises a large and vital part of Vet Services Hawke's Bay. The bulk of our focus is on dogs and cats, but a variety of pets, be they furred, feathered or finned are catered for.
A team of qualified, experienced veterinary nurses manage the day to day running of our clinics, taking care of patients throughout their stay with us.
All clinics are fully equipped to handle most surgical and medical cases, with the option of specialist referral where required. Vet Services has a strong emphasis on continuing education with our vets regularly attending veterinary conferences both in New Zealand and abroad.
In Waipukurau, Napier a professional dog groomer is available by appointment.
These articles are compiled by our vets and are intended to complement our Veterinary services by giving you access to research articles and animal health information. They are only guides - we strongly recommend you consult your vet for a full diagnosis.
- Pet Insurance: Many people know the importance of insuring their items, their house or car, even their own health. Fortunately we are also able to insure pets, for not only medical and surgical care but in some cases...
- Retired Working Dogs: Retired Working Dogs NZ is a registered charity that works to find homes for working farm dogs if they are unable to work due to age, injury or have no interest in stock. Retired pig dogs and hunting...
- Dogs in Hot Cars - New regulations: New regulations are in force meaning that if you leave your dog in a parked car and it is showing signs of heat distress you can receive a fine and a broken car window. Dogs quickly suffer and die in...
- Preparing yourself and your pet for euthanasia. Your pet’s final journey: We always fear losing our pets. Nevertheless, sometimes it is inevitable that we need to make this decision. We hope this article helps answer any questions you may have and gives you a better unders...
- What are the signs of heatstroke?: Dogs do not perspire the way humans do; in fact, the only sweat glands that they have are on the pads of their feet. Dogs pant to cool themselves. If the surrounding air is not considerably cooler than...
We are as committed to your dog's breeding success as you are, offering a range of services from AI to semen import and export.
Just as we are expected to behave appropriately, we also need to make sure our puppies understand how to behave in different situations and environments so they are able to grow up into friendly, well-behaved and confident adult dogs.
Vet News: Pets & Companion Animals
September Vet News 2015: View the September 2015 newsletter from Vet Services Hawkes bay.
May Vet News 2014: View the May 2014 newsletter from Vet Services Hawkes bay.
May Vet News 2013: View the May 2013 newsletter from Vet Services Hawkes bay.