Every pet owner should consider pet insurance. It will protect you from unexpected vet bills and help your pet get top veterinary care.
do you have your insurance sorted?
Pet insurance is just as important as insurance on your house, car, or even your own health! Covering the cost of treatment for an injured or sick pet, avoiding the financial stress that comes along with unexpected vet bills, and ensuring you can give them the best possible medical care for a swift recovery.
Like any insurance, the hope is that you won’t need it, but when you do you’ll be very glad you had it!
There are several different providers and each has their own policy types, terms and conditions. Most have a range of covers starting at a basic level of care, covering surgery or accidents only, to a comprehensive plan which covers everything including routine preventative health care. Premiums vary depending on the plan type and the species or breed of animal being covered, and whether full cover is required or partial payment (for example insurance can cover 80% or 100% of the fee).
Take a look just a few pet insurance providers we have available in New Zealand below – you may even be eligible for 6 weeks of free insurance!
AA Pet Insurance have three plans and a simple application process so that you can relax and enjoy life with your most huggable family member.
- AA Member and Multi-pet Discounts
- Holiday Cancellation Cover
- Starter Cover for Puppies and Kittens
- No Upper Age Limit Once Insured
- Optional Dental Cover
- Cover up to 80% of Eligible Vet Bills
Southern Cross Pet Insurance loves looking after New Zealanders’ pets.
- Southern Cross look after the whole family
- Simple plans for all budgets
- Coverage for inherited conditions
- Discounts for multiple pets
- Add extra cover like dental
Petplan pet insurance to help cover the unexpected costs of veterinary care.
- 1.5 million Pets insured
- Genuine Covered for Life
- Immediate injury cover and short waiting periods for illness
- Claim up to $20,000 per year in veterinary fees – the highest available!
- No sub-limits for broken legs or cancer treatment
- 10% multi-pet discount
*While our team are happy to suggest insurance providers, we recommend you also do your own research to find the best plan for you and your pet.