Vet Services Hawke's Bay
From stud rams to alpacas… no matter how big or small your animals, whether they’re treasured pets or earning valuable income for you, at Vet Services Hawke’s Bay you know we treat them with the same care and commitment that you do.
It’s a commitment we take seriously. Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week – we’re available.
Our staff are well recognised within Hawke’s Bay both as leaders in the veterinary field, and as active members and supporters of our local communities. Today, more than ever, local knowledge and experience has an immense value in an impersonal world. In fact, we like to think of our business as a matter of trust – between you, us and your animals.
Vet Services Hawke’s Bay is proud to be a locally owned business which has provided over 70 years of trusted animal care in the Hawke’s Bay region. First established in 1949 as the ‘Central Hawke’s Bay Farmers’ Veterinary Club’ the business was renamed Vet Services Hawke’s Bay in 1967 and has continued to grow, improve and expand their services ever since.
Vet Services has five locally owned and operated veterinary clinics covering Napier, Hastings, Waipukurau, Dannevirke, and Masterton, and employs a team of over one hundred vets and support staff. The combined skills of veterinarians from our 5 locations can be utilised to create a more comprehensive veterinary service for both the client and animals’ benefit.
We offer a comprehensive range of services for companions and family pets, horses and ponies, and for working and lifestyle farms.
We have veterinary care available 24-7, with a full after hours companion animal and production animal team on call.
OUR COMMUNITY, OUR ANIMALS.
PROVIDING EXCELLENT AND TRUSTED CARE
Farm & Lifestyle
During the RED traffic light Vet Services will continue to offer services to both vaccinated and unvaccinated clients. Things stay basically the same asin ORANGE with a few extra measures to keep Omicron away from our staff and community.
- Masks must be worn at all times while visiting our clinic.
- Please scan in using the QR codes posted at our clinic entrance and remember to maintain a social distance of 1m from staff and other clients.
- We will be limiting the number of people within our clinic at one time. Please do not be offended if we ask you to briefly wait outside so that we can continue to operate under the social distancing rules in line with current government regulations.
- All clients entering the consultation rooms or visiting patients in our hospital ward are required to be vaccinated. Vaccine passes will be scanned by staff before your animals consultation.
- Our consultation rooms are close contact so we ask that ONE adult accompanies your animals in a consult. (This does not apply to Children under 12).
- Please let us know if you are not vaccinated when you book your appointment. We will still be able to see your pet but will ask you to wait in the reception area during their treatment.
- If you are feeling unwell and have cold or flu-like symptoms we kindly ask that you remain outside of the building. We will offer you a contactless service or reschedule your appointment.
We appreciate your patience and understanding with us during these difficult times.