Vet Services Waipukurau are proud to be accredited as a Gold Standard Cat Friendly Clinic.
Cat Friendly Clinic is a worldwide programme from the International Society of Feline Medicine, the veterinary division of the charity International Cat Care.
The Gold Standard accreditation implies that our team understand the unique needs of cats and have adopted practices that reduce stress and promote a positive experience for both the cats and their owners. Our staff members are trained to handle cats gently and confidently, minimising any anxiety or discomfort.
As a Cat Friendly Clinic, Vet Services Waipukurau provides the following;
- We have a cat-only waiting area, separated with appropriate barriers to prevent visual contact between cats and dogs.
- Because cats feel safer high up, we have benches and stands available so cats can be placed safely above floor level while waiting for their consultation.
- To help minimise stress for cats, we have a cat consulting room that is primarily used for cat consultations.
- We have a separate quiet, calm, cat-only hospitalisation ward for all cat patients.
Within the cat consultation room and cat ward we use Feliway (a product that comforts and reassures cats and kittens and reduces signs of stress).
- Our staff handle and treat cats with understanding, gentleness and respect, and to make every effort to make the visit to the clinic as stress-free for you and your cat as possible.
As part of our commitment, we have designated Cat Advocates who are always ready to answer your questions and provide advice on feline care. Please get in touch with us if you would like to find out more 06 858 9060.