Well, that was a big surprise! Going to Level 4 at 6.00pm last night has meant we have to change the way we operate to ensure we comply with Covid-19 government regulations. The good news is we have been through this before and have social distancing protocols in place to keep our staff, clients and community safe.
As an essential service we are able to provide on-going veterinary care and services to you albeit not as we normally would. We continue to be here to help with all of you pet, farm and equine veterinary needs.
Some key points from us…
- Please give us a call if you have a query relating to the health of your animal – there are some services we can continue to provide and others that we will need to delay. Please don’t come to the clinic without calling first!
- We remain open normal clinic hours, although with our doors closed. Animals receiving care and any animal health supplies will be exchanged outside of the building following social distancing protocols. If that changes, we will let you know.
- Our after-hours service will continue as normal.
- We will have animal health products available for purchase via a click and collect system – again, please contact our team and we will arrange the product you wish to pick up.
- You can shop online shop.vshb.co.nz or contact the Waipukurau team with your requests. They will help co-ordinate large animal retail requirements right across Hawkes Bay.
- We have plenty of stock on hand, however depending on how long we are in Level 4 transport logistics could make this a bit tricky.
- We will be taking payments via EFTPOS and will not be accepting cash at this time.
- We ask for patience from you. Many aspects of our service won’t be normal and we will have to do things a bit differently. Our staff numbers will drop as a good number will have to stay home with children or dependents. The staff working will be under pressure and while we appreciate that you might be stressed too, our staff are our priority. We will be nice if you can be too.
- We will keep communicating. Broadly we can keep seeing your animals under certain circumstances where it is an emergency or for welfare considerations. Our team will rebook you for any procedures that we can’t perform under Level 4.
- We will do our best to make things happen smoothly. Please bear with us.
In the meantime, stay happy and stay healthy. Contact us at any time to discuss your animal health requirements.
The team at Vet Services (HB) Ltd