Services > Dairy Lameness
The services we can provide for your dairy herd to combat lameness include:
- Identify risk factors on your farm
- Epidemic lameness investigations
- Treat clinical lameness
- Staff training on treating clinical lameness and lameness incidence reduction in your herd
To further discuss using our services, Contact us.
These articles are compiled by our vets and are intended to complement our Veterinary services by giving you access to research articles and animal health information. They are only guides - we strongly recommend you consult your vet for a full diagnosis.
- SPRING CALVING FIRST AID - GABBY MUSCHAMP: Difficult calving Dystocia A difficult or prolonged birth is known as dystocia. This is relatively common and is often caused by a positioning issue with the calf such as head back, leg back, breech...
- Hoof Health: Incidence of lameness varies between herds and varies during the season. Smaller herds still have an incidence of 10% lame cows in the herd, larger herds often show higher incidences: up to 30%. Wet...
Vet News: Dairy Lameness
Dairy News Sept 2010: View the September 2010 newsletter from Vet Services Hawkes bay.